Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome to Serendipity Handmade!

Welcome to my brand new labor of love, Serendipity Handmade. After spending the last year-and-a-half lurking on dozens of crafting, collecting, cooking, writing, and homemaking blogs, I'm excited to carve out my own little niche in the Blogosphere.

I've been very inspired by the women and men whose blogs I have been reading. Every time I looked at someone's beautiful knitting, paper crafting, or sewing I longed to try to my hand at it. Although I was a crafty kid and dabbled at crafting in my teens, somewhere along the line I stopped focusing on making art on a regular basis. Reading others' blogs helped to remind me how important creating things with my hands or with my mind really is to me. At first I thought that I could never start a blog, because I haven't written for fun in a long time, and I hardly ever started a craft (or finished one!). I just didn't feel like I had interesting tidbits to share. Well, it turns out that I do have a lot to share!

I bought a new sewing machine a few months ago and have been purchasing notions and fabrics in preparation for making clothes and items for the home. I haven't sewn more than a button on a shirt in 20 years, so it should be interesting to pick it up again! I've also been crocheting a shawl for over a year now -- it's high time I finish it!

I've also been getting ready to open a vintage pattern shop at Etsy.com. More details soon!

I plan to share the things I love here: vintage sewing patterns, crafts, vintage books and magazines, the occasional recipe, and other goodies! And I hope that you too find something you enjoy on this blog, perhaps by happy accident!

So again, I say welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!