Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!



Welcome 2010! 

May you have great health, wealth, and happiness this year! 

Enjoy the January 1947 Universal Newsreel below as you take a look at two American new year traditions (in places where winter weather is traditionally fabulous!).  Skip ahead to 3 minutes 23 seconds for a charming look at the now-defunct Orange Bowl Parade that was traditionally held on New Year's Eve in Miami.  Then skip ahead to 7 minutes 20 seconds to enjoy some clips from the 1947 Tournament of Roses parade.  The dreamy theme for that year was "Holiday of Flowers."


Incidentally, 1947 marks the year in which the Tournament of Roses parade was first broadcast on local television...by KTLA.  I grew up listening to Bob Eubanks and Stephanie Edwards host the parade, and KTLA is the station on which I watch the parade every year.

I have some exciting things planned for the blog this year...I will tell you about them in my next post!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope you have a lovely and creative one. :) Sincerely, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the new changes. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!