Friday, December 31, 2010

Best of the Blog Round Up: 2010


Hasn't 2010 just flown by?  It's hard to believe that it's already New Year's Eve. It's also hard to believe that Serendipity Handmade has been part of the blogosphere for over a year and that hundreds of people come to visit each week.  I'm so grateful that so many people like this blog; it is another outlet for me to be creative and the fact that people take the time to appreciate what I've shared makes me truly happy.  I'm also delighted to have met so many wonderful crafty bloggers out there this year -- you make me happy too!

I'd like to welcome new readers - glad to have you.  I love comments, so by all means leave one now and then.  I'm also grateful that some of you "old timers" have stuck around even as I had to take some time out from the blog and crafting to rest and heal.  In the last couple of months I've been able to get back into the swing of things and even hope to start crocheting again soon. So as I reflect on the past year and come up with resolutions for 2011, I thought I'd take a moment to recap some of the highlights here at Serendipity Handmade:


Fortunate Finds

Vintage Thingies Thursday

I couldn't choose just one.  It's a tie:

  • The Marcelwaver
  • It was cool to finally see in person what made the hairdo Annie Lennox referred to in the song "Keep Young and Beautiful"! (A reader said so too).

Tomorrow's Vintage Collectibles
  • Disney Pins and Pin Trading
  • During my involuntary hiatus from computer use I was able to post this guide to Disney pins. These are probably some of the most collectible items around and any serious vintage collector should consider picking up a few them to be stashed away for a generation or longer. I spent several hours researching this piece for additional information so y'all would be well informed. Ironically, no one commented! 

Madison Avenue Monday

Field Trips


Of course, there are a couple of freebies and tutorials too.  Vintage patterns make my heart sing.

I'll be thinking over the next few days about Serendipity Handmade and what I might do here next year.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

What series, features, crafts, etc.,
would you like to see on this blog in 2011?

I wish you and yours the happiest of New Years and much peace and prosperity throughout the coming year.

2 comments:

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!