Thursday, March 28, 2013

WIP's and a Finished Project

This week I took stock of all of the WIPs in my house.  Um...I have a lot of WIPs.  So many that I don't want to own up to the total number, so I'll just show you a couple of the sewing WIPs.

But at least I have made some progress, however s-l-o-w, on a couple of projects.  I finally tacked in the angel back on Pauloa 901A.  This is the view of the back of the dress pinned to Esme: 


And I photocopied and enlarged the Adjust-for-You dress illustrations from McCall's 8106 in order to make a dress for Prudence:



I cut a muslin of the dress and I do believe that it might actually fit with only some slight adjustments to the neckline and armscyes. I'll keep fiddling with it.

Finally, I'm proud to let you know that I actually completed something this week!  My friend Louis is super-creative, and he kindly offered to teach me to make a freshwater pearl and crystal necklace:


Well, truth be told, he did most of the wire-wrapping, but I helped!  I'm excited about learning how to wire-wrap jewelry.  It's easier than I thought, but I do need to pick up some better needle-nose pliers than those I currently have so I can continue to make jewelry.

So what are you working on this week?


3 comments:

  1. I looooove your dress and your wire-wrapped necklace is beautiful. working with wire is one of my great pleasures in life, and it is a lot easier than I originaly thought too. Sending love, Colette, Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emma, the dress is coming along and I'm glad you like the necklace (especially as you are a wonder at jewelry-making!). Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. What a delicate, gorgeous necklace! Though I find it's murder on my arms, I love doing wire wrapping, too. There's a certain almost zen-like calm to the repetitive nature of wire wrapping (and sometimes jewelry making as a whole). If you're investing in a pair or two of jewelry making pliers, I can't recommend getting ones with ergonomic handles highly enough.

    Happiest Easter weekend wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!