Thursday, April 18, 2013

Crochet WIPs

Working on some simple crochet projects this week, as I'm evaluating another book which I'll review for you later.  I wanted to test out the instructions in this particular book, and I followed the directions to make a simple granny square and also made a rather complex triangular shaped motif:



I've never made crochet anything into a triangle before and it's harder than it should be, believe me.  Frankly, I have no idea what could be made out of a bunch of triangles anyway.  An odd-shaped afghan perhaps?

I'm also trying my hand at crocheting amigurumi for the first time.  If you follow me on Instagram you will have already seen my very first amigurumi, which was retro-themed, naturally.  I made a 1-up mushroom from the 1980s Nintendo video game, Super Mario Bros.:

 
You can find the free pattern, "Yet Another Mario Mushroom", and other cute amigurumi patterns at Ami Amour blog.

Right now I'm working on a cute little bear, just for further practice and to use up some scraps I have.  I'm using Julie's free "Bearies" pattern which you can find at Gleeful Things blog:

via Gleeful Things

I'll let you know how it turns out!

In other news, be sure to catch my next post, which will include a special giveaway in support of a very important cause.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

If you have a question for me or would like a personal response, be sure to allow email replies in your Blogger profile or just leave your email address in your comment.

Have a great day!